Monday, April 29, 2013

New Fabric Line to debut at 2013 Spring International Quilt Market in Portland - Elementary!

I've been away from the blog for quite awhile, but I'm thrilled to show you a little bit of what I've been working on this past year with Studio e Fabrics. My first fabric line - 


Elementary!




This is the cover of the color card showing just a few of the 19 beautiful fabrics in the Elementary line. It will be debuting at Spring International Quilt Market in Portland in just a few weeks. I'll be back to show you more as soon as I can!

I will be having a booth at market, as well, and I'll show you what I made this weekend as a possible prop for my booth. Three of my new patterns are Fall and Halloween themed, so I thought I would try to make something I've always wanted to make, and here it is.....




We had a big branch from one of our trees break off a few weeks ago in a big windstorm, so it was timely, as the branch was perfect for cutting off a piece for my pot. I spray painted it black, and found this neat metal pot to "plant" it in. A foam insert covered in black Spanish moss is fitted inside.

We'll see if it survives shipping to Portland, and then try it as a prop with the new patterns.

Another idea I have, that I just don't know if I'll have time to get to, is to use my pattern for glitter birds from my book Vintage Christmas:


Glitter Birds from Vintage Christmas

Using black fabric, black clips, and no glitter, I think they would make perfect crows to perch on the branches of my potted black tree!

That's all for now!

Until next time,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment