Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bits and Pieces

The new year rolled in, and found me hunched over my drawing table working on a proposal for a new fabric line. In between drafting, drawing and painting, I would squeeze in a little time for hiking .....

Picacho Peak




Sycamore Canyon Wilderness



Old building on route to the trailhead




and stitching a variety of works in progress......

All nine wheels finished piecing! Ugh, now to press!




Several hours later, they are all nice and flat



Four appliqued corner squares finished!
Now that some of the bits and pieces are put together I can finally finish a few projects!

Valentine's Day is just a few days away, so I'll leave you with this adorable vintage card as my greeting to you - Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!





Until next time,

Martha

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you are crazy in that first picture!! :-) And I can't wait to see the FRONT of those pieced wheels :-) Stay safe!!!!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, it was scary, but believe me, I wouldn't do anything dangerous!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a very happy Valentine's Day, Martha! And I was going to ask if that was you in the first pic but you answered that question in your note to Helen! You are a very brave woman! Looks like you've been busy both hiking and in the sewing room. Can't wait to see your new fabric line!

    ReplyDelete