Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Rolling Star Quilt Pattern

When making quilts, I can really bounce around from making "easy to piece" blocks, such as the simple four patch, shown here in my quilt entitled "Practice"



to blocks that are a bit more intricate, such as the Georgetown Circle block, shown here in my quilt of the same name:


I wanted to make a small quilt made with some fabrics I designed, and when I found the rolling star block in my Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns book by Barbara Brackman, I thought it would be a fun block to piece as a 6" block. And it was!

 

And here is the little quilt I simply call the "Rolling Star Quilt", with little stars in the sashing:

Rolling Star Quilt  

I had so much fun making the blocks, in fact, that I made another quilt just like it, except in a pink dominant colorway:

Rolling Star Quilt
I've just finished the pattern, and have it up on my website. My pattern includes instructions to make the rolling star block either by hand , or by machine. I've done both, and each method is fun in it's own way!

Rolling Star Quilt Pattern
 

All of the fabrics in both quilts are fabrics that I've designed and can be found in my shop on Spoonflower

The pattern is available as both a printed pattern mailed to you, or as a downloadable PDF.

That's all for now! I'm still trying to play catch up, and have more patterns to prepare.

Until next time!

Martha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment